Sunday, October 7, 2007

It's Ok, It's All Good.

"Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t."

If Baz was serious while saying this, then i'm probably the most interesting guy you'll ever now. They say admitting it is the first step to solution,and my dad will be relieved that i've finally realized this...I don't have a plan for my life. Don't get me wrong here, I do have ceratin set goals for myself, things I'd like to see myself do...but (borrowing a quote from Vin Diesel of all people here!!) I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time. If anybody asked me where I see myself five years from now, I'd be clueless. I am more clear about what i'd want to do tomorrow...or by the time I hit forty,but that's more of a wishlist. I seem to have set an expiration date on everything I have for now...I have no clue about how long anything will last. And I have no clue about how I got where I am now. And that bothers me....has got me in all kinds of mood swings all week long.

I am getting sick of people asking me about my name and it's religious inclinations. Anant Seam...yes, I realize it's an unusual family name but that's the way it is. From the teller at the bank to the guard at work has asked me this, "Seam?? So what religion is that?". Does it even matter??

And Kenny is not a pseudonym i've adopted to sound cooler...that's what i've been called as far back as I remember, and probably beyond that. And i'm frankly bored of answering this over and over....people, I tell you...

Realized that it doesn't much to get me depressed. But the good thing is, it doesn't take much to get me ridiculously happy either..

Saw "Bourne Ultimatum" on tuesday...and it was as awesome as I expected. Was almost thrown out of Subway outllet in CP (Intrigued?? Well, maybe i'll explain if u ask). Started working out this week yet again (i've lost count of number of failed attempts), this time 'cause i'm tired of people telling me how I don't look 22(??). Four days into it and with the pains setting in, i'm having second thoughts now...if I look younger than I am, that's a good thing right??

Well, the week's over and it's sunday again. And as you would have guessed, I don't have any plans for today either. But I'll get something out of it. It's all ok. It's all good.

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Plans.. that's the crap we're fed growing up.

If only life was that damn predictable, i'd start by planning when I would pee.