Monday, October 1, 2007

Of Raindrops, Casablanca And Mushy Messages.

Since people have been asking me this a lot since my last post on friday...yes, I did manage to get some sleep after that..no, I don't need to see a doc, atleast not for now(Or do I??).The past couple of mornings have been the way mornings are supposed to be....the sunlight wakes you up, instead of you waiting for the sun to rise so that you can just get on with the day..And I feel like some sanity's been restored.

It rained friday evening. And I took a walk in the rain after a really long time...all the way from the metro to back home.Well, at first I was apprehensive about it seeing how it was really pouring down...the fifty odd people waiting at the station couldn't be wrong, right? But after a few moments of contemplation I stepped out. And that's all it takes...the first step. There's something that inextricable about being out in the rain.After that I didn't really care about how wet I got(I, however was worried about how wet my cell would get!!)One look at the faces behind me. .some envious, some thinking i'd lost it, some aunties nodding disapprovingly..and I was on my way. There's something about being out in the rain, it brings out a whole collage of emotions. You feel free, rebellious and ecstatic all at the same time. And it gets the kid inside you to come out for those moments...splashing in the puddles still feels damn awesome!!
"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me...." :)

Was getting really bored this morning so saw CASABLANCA for the umpteenth time, though it had been a while since i'd last seen it. And I still love the movie, there's something totally enchanting about black n' white movies. The brilliant potrayals by Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, the superb supporting cast, a captivating display of human emotions and some of the most memorable quotes ever...Little wonder it's an all time classic. Here's looking at you, kid...

6 days. 192 messages. And a reply to each one of them.That's in addition to all the talks Su' and I have been having. And each one proving to be amazingly efficacious. That's the beauty of being in love...you can never get enough of that one person. You always know there's that one person out there who you can turn to anytime of the day or night and she's there for you....and it's okay to say how lonely you are. And most surprising of all,I can say some desperately stupid stuff and it still somehow turns out to be cute....And maybe now i'm getting too mushy, might as well as clam up!!

P.S: Speaking of doing things for the umpteenth time, am reading Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker" again....another timeless piece that never seems to lose it's charm. And failed to read Stephen Hawking yet again...some things just aren't meant to be!!
P.P.S: The year's new recruitments are in at work..and the all guy quartet has sadly been broken up....not exactly broken up, just that we've a girl in the team now. And Abhi and J are already planning on hitting on her, but we didn't put bets up like last time(Hallejulah!!). Some things never change...*sigh*..

2 Comments:

MeMyself_n_I said...

raindrops, casablanca and mushy messages. i love all three. :-)

isn't hitchhikers' even better the second time round?

Kenny said...

@memyself_n_i: I can't really think of a person who wouldn't love all three :P
n yeah, it does get better the second time around :)