Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Matter Of Choice...

People tell me i'm an unreasonable man. I tell them it's not me....but the choices I make however, are.

Choices. Decisions. Actions. Welcome to adulthood. You're now grown up. And if you're not grown up yet and i'm spoiling the image of Utopia you thought you'd be entering when you'd hit a magical age...i'm sorry for doing this, but all i'm asking is don't get your hopes too high. And that it's not anything that bad, you do get to do lot of fun stuff once you grow up....once you're done taking all the choices and made the decisions. I was like you. I wanted to grow up and taste the sweet freedom that it brought along. Now all I do is reminsce about "The good old days". The only sweet taste I get is from the alcohol hitting the system, which is sad because all i'm doing is blocking away reality. And the part about the freedom has some real shrewd fine print attached to it that'd probably read something like this.."You're now, at this point of life supposed to take a decision, think about it a lot, because it could shape your future..and after you've done that select one of four pre-determined choices..because then there are some things you might think up that are just not acceptable....but still, atleast you're free to choose!!" So the freedom part is okay as long as you're not pissing somebody off..which is an art in itself...we'll discuss it sometime later.

Now, as if all of that wasn't bad enough..it gets worse. It turns out that there is a sadistic part of me that thinks it's really interesting to make the worse of choices and then watch me wriggle my way out of them...like it's testing out my stamina to survive all the bad decisions it makes ( Well, actually it's me who does all that...but it's easier for my conscience to blame a schizo-evolved alter ego persona). And i'm surviving, maybe not the best of ways to live..but I stick by what I chose for myself. My life, My rules..n some other machoistic BS like that would be the right thing to say here at this point. But i'm gonna try something different.


I like my life complicated. That way you don't need TV to kill time.

Maybe it's not a gem..but that's me. I made that choice.

1 Comments:

Sumi said...

You do know that sometimes the best of the things that can happen to you are from the worse choices you make?
of all people i know i think you have made some very good choices :P